joi, 31 ianuarie 2013

Hippocratic Oath


Hippocratic Oath


Hippocratic Oath is an oath attributed to Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician, including moral duties of a physician in the exercise of his profession. Many of the principles of this oath is still valid, professional secrecy or prohibiting intimate relationships with patients. Others are controversial issues such as banning abortion or euthanasia.
In many universities, medical graduates at the end of the study provide Hippocratic oath:
"I swear by Apollo the physician, by Aesculapius, the Higea and Panacea and all the gods and goddesses, which we take as witnesses, that I fulfill this oath and his commandments, as it helps me strength and reason:
  • To respect the one who taught me this art equally as my own parents, to share with him what belong to me and take care of him if necessary, to consider the descendants of the brothers and to teach this art, if they so desire, without obligation and without being paid.
  • To pass on this art teaching my sons, the sons of my master and disciples only those who have sworn by doctors habit, and nobody other.
  • As far as strength and reason helps me, my prescripţiunile be made only for the benefit and well being of patients, to keep away from any damage or violence.
  • I will never prescribe a substance lethal effects, even if I am asked, nor will I give any advice in this regard. So I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy.
  • I will keep pure and sacred art and I will lead my life.
  • Bladder stone will not work, but I will leave this operation to those who do this job.
  • In every house you enter, I will only for the benefit and welfare of patients, I will keep away from any harmful action and intimate contact with women or men, free men or slaves.
  • Whatever I see or hear during treatment you will keep the secret, because there is a duty silence.
  • If you observe this oath and I will not break, life and my art to enjoy fame and respect from all people, if they betray you become perjury, the opposite. "


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu